Every time it’s Steph’s birthday, our mom busts out this old recipe handed down to her by a lady named Olga. Never knew Olga, but she did have some delicious recipes. She was one of our grandmothers friends from church. She was nice enough to pass it to our mom, now our mom has passed the recipe to us.
I was never a huge fan of coconut growing up but Steph loved it. It wasn’t until recently that I too started to love this recipe and make it more than just once a year.
We tend to add more chocolate chips in to give that extra chocolatey goodness. Plus, the awesome thing about this recipe is that it’s all made in one pan, so no crazy clean up required!
Hope you enjoy!
(It wasn’t until recently that we found out that Olga put her own spin on this classic Eagle Brand recipe.)
- ½ cup butter
- 1 and ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 and ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a 13x9" baking pan melt butter in oven.
- Sprinkle crumbs over melted butter and mix together. With a spatula press down evenly into pan.
- Pour Eagle Brand over crumbs.
- Top evenly with coconut flakes and chocolate chips. Press down firmly.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely before cutting.