Happy Easter!! It’s the long weekend and an extra long weekend here in Ontario. We had a bit of an ice storm, not to crazy but a few schools cancelled classes. Even though we’re not in school anymore, it still seems like a snow day for us!
Our family usually has a big dinner on Sunday; however, this year our mom wants to do brunch. So exciting, we love brunch!!
We’ll also be seeing some relatives and some of them are a little young. So we decided to whip up an easy treat to give them! It’s literally only 3 ingredients! Chocolate, pretzels and Cadbury mini eggs! All together it makes a cute little birds nest that reminds us of easter and spring!
Happy Easter Egg Hunting everyone!!
- 3 cups of stick pretzels
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 18 mini Cadbury eggs
- Line a large pan with parchment paper
- Place the pretzel sticks in a medium bowl and snap half of the sticks in half. This will create a rustic nest.
- In a medium size microwave safe bowl melt 1 cup of chocolate in 30 second intervals while sitrring in between. Takes about 4 intervals of 30 seconds. Make sure that there are some chunks of chocolate chips still visible that are half melted. Then take the bowl out and stir the chocolate until everything is melted and smooth. The temperature should reach 115 degrees F. (if under you can microwave for another 10 seconds at a time until it has reached that temperature).
- Then allow the chocolate to cool down to reach a temperature of 90 degrees F.
- Stir in pretzels and coat evenly.
- Quickly place ¼ cup size scoops of mixture onto prepared parchment pan. Leave about 2 inches a part. This mixture will make 6 large size nests.
- Gently place 3 mini eggs into the centre of each nest.
- Cool at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Serve and enjoy!