Hi everyone! Sorry we’ve been away for a few weeks. Danny moved into a new apartment, Steph’s been busy with Zara. Lots of exciting things happening, but we still got to bake and eat!
I think chocolate chips is one thing we can agree on. Growing up our mom always made chocolate chip banana muffins. I guess with us both not living at home anymore we need a little bit of comfort food sometimes, so this is ours!
Plus, you can’t go wrong with chocolate in anything!
What’s a yummy comfort food for you? Anything we should try?
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ - ½ cup almond milk
- ½ cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 3 medium bananas
- 1 and ¼ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x5 bread pan and set aside.
- In a large liquid measuring cup mash bananas, then mix in eggs until combined. Slowly mix in melted butter. Add in ¼ cup of almond milk. The combination of liquids should equal 3 cups, so add a little more almond milk until you have 3 cups with it all combined. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix together.
- Slowly pour in liquid ingredients into dry and stir well with a spoon until all combined.
- Pour in 1 cup of chocolate chips and stir until evenly distributed.
- Pour mixture into prepared bread pan. Sprinkle remaining ¼ cup of chocolate chips on top of loaf.
- Bake for 50 - 60 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Let cool on wire rack for 20 minutes, then carefully take loaf out of pan to rest on wire rack.
- Serve and Enjoy!