We are obsessed with Chia Seeds! Honestly, it’s a great super food that people usually associate with the Cha-Cha-Cha Chia Pet plant!
This magic seed has an awesome amount of dietary fibre and calcium, so if you sneak it into smoothies, oatmeal or even muffins, you get a boost of your daily nutrients. They also happen to be loaded with antioxidants, protein and Omega 3 Fatty Acids.
So this little power muffin will give you a boost of what your body needs, layered with some delicious chocolate. So it’s not the ultimate healthy muffin… but hey we tried!
Basically you can add whichever nut you like. Peanuts, Walnuts and Pecans should taste really good as well. Mix it up!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp ground rock salt
- 5 tsp chia seeds
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup butter melted
- ½ cup coconut oil melted
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ¾ cup chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper cups, line a second muffin pan with a few extra paper cups. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugars, cocoa powder, baking soda, chia seeds and salt. Set aside.
- In another large bowl whisk together almond milk and egg. Then (once cooled down from heating) whisk in melted butter, coconut oil and vanilla extract. Keep whisking until everything is combined.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and stir together.
- Add in the chocolate chips and ½ cup of chopped almonds. Stir until everything is evenly distributed.
- Distribute mixture evenly into lined muffin cups (about ¾ of each cup). Then sprinkle on remaining chopped almonds evenly on each one.
- Bake for 18 - 20 mins or until when a toothpick is inserted it comes out clean.
- Let cool then serve and enjoy!